Saturday, July 17, 2010

To my wonderful Husband

Happy Anniversary.
I know this blog is usually dedicated to H & H however, Their Dad deserves special mention.
Yesterday marked 4 amazing years of marriage for us. We rock. We madly love each other and life if great. But if that's not enough I can always count on Andrew to up the anti! Each year we alternate organizing our anniversary - I don't think it is fair that the "husband" is expected to organize it - it is about BOTH of us. So this year was my turn. I had arranged babysitters ( a great mother in law who did an overnighter) and booked a hotel in the city and found a gorgeous french restaurant. I sent a single red balloon to his office with a card to suggest he should make arrangement for work in the morning as we wouldn't be home til late "am". I thought I had done a pretty good job (which I had!). We exchanged beautiful cards in the morning (we don't do gifts), and off I set to take Holly to kindy. I then found another mushy card in the mail box, and one in my purse! When we got to kindy, there was a massive bouquet of flowers waiting for me (with another gorgeous card)!!! I guess that's what you get not having an office and being a stay at home mum! I was thrilled to say the least. Then I got home and found another bunch of my favourite white lilys. What an amazing husband. I know I am so so lucky to have married not only such a thoughtful man but my best friend .... ok, too gushy I know, but its true!
So then we ventured into the city and while Andrew was parking the car, I checked us into the hotel, when I got to the room there was a bag of my favourite Koko Black chocolates and yet another card!!! So spoilt, he had actually called a few hotels to find where we were staying then drove to the city and dropped them off??!!!! can you believe! So I was a bit mystified and blown away by this stage. We walked into the restaurant and there, on the table was another big box of flowers. He had called a dozen restaurants in the city to find our reservation and dropped them off. I feel so spoilt and lucky to know that someone loves me this much.
But just to top it off was a little book with the flowers, a book he had put together, just for me and all about - why he loved me so much!!! Pictures and all.
I am lucky, spoilt and loved.
And It feels great!
Happy Anniversary Honey - I love you more than ever xx

No comments: