Friday, August 12, 2011

Baking meringues

 Holly and I were a bit obsessed with Masterchef.  Thursday and Friday nights when there was no kinder the following day, she was allowed to stay up and watch it with me.  We would get in our jammies and snuggle up in bed together and wait for it to start.  She really enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching it with her and chatting about what was happening and what they were cooking.  Her favourite judge was Gary (she loved him!) and she particularly liked all the female contestants.  She would usually fall asleep in bed with me before it finished, but would jump up in the  morning and tell Andrew all about it.  A fun show to watch together.  Now that it is over we have been a bit inspired to make a few things.  Today we make a batch of meringues - which we will fill with fresh strawberries for desert tonight YUM!
 Andrew took the camera to work today, so these are from my phone (shocking photos I know!)
All was going quite well ... for a while!
Harry Barry didn't quite get the concept and thought it was finger paint!!! He had fun though!

2 comments:

Green Mama said...

Aww too cute! I have a photo of my youngest looking like santa after a run in with egg whites! Tell Miss Holly that Gary is my favourite too, because he did our wedding, before he was famous!

Freeman said...

Ha ha ha, i will tell her that, she would be quite impressed! She was also impressed that Andrew met Georges mum last weekend and might be auctioning her house tomorrow!!!