Monday, February 4, 2013

1st day of Prep!!!!!

In my head I had envisioned, tears, tissues and more tears on the day my baby girl packed up and started school - and that was just from me! The reality? Not a tear shed (kind of!). Hol was so excited and bursting out of her skin to get to school, it totally changed the mood from my end. How could you be sad when this little bundle of fireworks is so psyched to be going? It was contagious, we were all so happy for her, she ran into the school and waved us goodbye without a second look. I probably hovered a little longer than necessary- but hey I am officially handing her out of my care and into the trusting hands of the catholic schooling system- I can hover as long as I bloody welI like!
After some morning tea with some lovely families, the day flew! Harry, lulu and I barely had time to scratch ourselves and it was time for pick up. We waited anxiously for the doors to open then out she flew. Happy as a pig in poo. In her element. Rocking her little blue and white dress and ready to tell us every detail of her day. Her teacher caught my eye as we left and said ... I quote ... She is one switched on little girl, very switched on!
This Mama's is the proudest Mama in the world right now.

In the car after getting a full run down on her day she announced "that was the best day ever! Even better than Billanook*!" and that my friends is what undid me.
Let the tears flow!!!!

* Miss Hollie, if you happen to be reading this, Holly qualified "liking Prep more" because she learned reading on the first day! She misses you all x



















4 comments:

Green Mama said...

Well done Mama! It's an incredible feeling. And a double well done on the hair- you'll have all the school mums jealous! OK, now two to go (one in my case) and we can finally have a lunch without being interupted!

hollie said...

Congratulations Holly on a perfect start to "BIG" school!Your teacher is very lucky to teach such an intelligent little girl!!!!

Well done Mum for surviving almost the whole day with out tears.

Thinking of you all
Love Miss Hollie x

hollie said...

Congratulations Holly on a perfect start to "BIG" school!Your teacher is very lucky to teach such an intelligent little girl!!!!

Well done Mum for surviving almost the whole day with out tears.

Thinking of you all
Love Miss Hollie x

Freeman said...

oh Thanks Hollie, she was so excited when I read your email to her! She said - I always remember Miss Hollie saying I have to be a superstar every day! x