Thursday, January 4, 2018

Lucy (not so) Funny

2 days before Christmas we had our annual court christmas party.  It's always much anticipated and everyone in the court joins in for afternoon drinks and dinner.
This year I had to get Macy to the dog sitter which turned out to be a 3 hour round trip and unfortunatley overlapped with the court party.  I got home and had a drink, however we were leaving for the airport at 9am the next morning and we had not packed a thing.  I left the party and made the  most of a quiet house and packed and cleaned like a demon for 2 hours.  While I was packing Andrew came over to grab something and asked what I was doing. Cleaning? Apparently Lucy had told everyone at the party that I was sleeping?
I kept on packing, Lucy was in and out of the house.  Andrew came back again a bit later chuckling asking what I was doing?  Packing???  This time Lucy has told a full audience of our court/neighbours, that "Mummy is getting a massage on top of the washing machine" ??!!!
Mortally embarrassed I asked her why she said that, she was laughing saying "because you were!"
Lucy! show me what I was doing?  she went into the laundry and pretended to dance with the washing machine?  Why would you say that? I wasn't even in the laundry?  She said "I know you didn't but it was funny and everyone laughed!!!"
I could have killed her if it wasn't so absurd and funny!
I eventually went back to the party .... with a bit of explaining to do!!!

No comments: