Thursday, October 6, 2011

An embarrassing trip to Ikea ...

Last Sunday we went to Ikea, I had a list of things I wanted to get, and well, with #3 not too far away, there was no putting it off.  When we got there I borrowed one of their wheelchairs, I struggled walking to the entrance and there was no way my back was going to take me through the windy gridlock of a new Ikea store! After we managed to maneuver our way around the store with Harry on my lap, Holly pushing, then Daddy pushing, Holly on my lap, Harry standing on the foot stool we finally made it to the register.  I desperately had to go to the loo and there were no disabled toilets, so I went into the normal ones. It was miraculous! I stood up out of my chair and walked to the loo, however when I came out there was a line of bloody people, and in front of them I had to hope back in my wheelchair and wheel myself out - so freaking embarrassing!!! I was so tempted to jump out and say - it's a miracle, I can walk!!! Ha ha.


Then Harry pushed me all the way back through the car park to our car.  Just so you know the new Ikea car park has no sidewalk or pedestrian access? So with the traffic Harry pushed me all the way back. Andrew had the trolley, Holly stood on the trolley and Harry was determined to push me the whole way, you should have seen the looks we got, the beeps and a lot of double takes!!!
I am SO over this pregnancy ... luckily only 5.5 weeks to go!! Fingers crossed it goes faster than the past 6 months!

1 comment:

Green Mama said...

Praise the lord!

Seriously, that's so bad, the pedestrian access I mean, you should write them a strongly worded letter. That'll show them!