Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Toot sweets - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Lucy asked me also to write down the words to Toot Sweet, A song I have sung to the kids since they were small. When she was sick with the flu last week, I was singing it to her to help her drift off to sleep. here is goes ...

Toot sweets sound like what they are, so do lollies in a lolly pop jar,

ginger bread men have a a ginger bread sound, we've found.

Sugar plum cinnamon and lemon tart, tell you what they are right from the start,

But your name, does the same for you,

By coincidence, Lucy Freeman, you're truly truly scrumptious,

Scrumptious as a cherry peach parfait

When you're near us, you're so delicious,

Honest Lucy, you're the answer to my wishes,

Lucy Freeman, though we may seem presumptuous, never ever ever go away,

My heart beats so unruly, because I love you Lucy, 

Honest Lucy, I do!

No comments: